We had a night where those who went on the missions trip to Mexico shared about what God did in their lives. I asked the students the following series of questions:
- Something that was different than what you expected
- Something goofy you did because of the language barrier
- What impacted you the most
- Something that really stretched you
- Something you will never forget
- One person that God used to make a difference in your life while you were there
- Something that God taught you about Himself
- One way you hope to be different because of the trip
You can listen to this testimony time on the home page of the synergy blog, or by clicking here: https://soundcloud.com/markculton/mexico-missions-trip-testimony-night
I then shared a few thoughts from 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
(Veray read the passage in Spanish and then I read it in English). Here are the thoughts related to our trip to Mexico:
(Veray read the passage in Spanish and then I read it in English). Here are the thoughts related to our trip to Mexico:
- We were called to be servants
- We attempted to become “Mexican” in order to win Mexicans
- We did it all for the sake of the gospel
We can all apply this passage moving forward, whether we were on this missions trip or not. It is also important for those who did live this out on the trip not continue living this way now that the trip is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment