This past Tuesday we had a great time together as students, youth workers and families. Everyone jumped into what the Middle School students have been learning - a study on humanity called "Who Am I?"
Big Idea: Who am I? I am made in the image of God, born sinful, and guilty before God.
Since we focused on how the non-religious are guilty before God last MS lesson, this time we looked at how the "religious" are guilty before God as well.
The "religious" are guilty before God because...
- All are sinful (2:1-5)
The real question is: Have I ever truly repented?
- God demands perfection (2:6-11)
- "Hearing" isn't enough (2:12-24)
- Heart change is needed (2:25-29)
It is true that God has to tear down the facade of our self-righteousness before He can build a strong foundation of the true righteousness of Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment