The theme was "How Can I Know"? All of the lessons and the worship focused on the topic of salvation and how we can be sure that we have a relationship with God. We were in the book of I John where we considered different evidences of salvation. Here are a few that should be true in our lives if we are a child of God:
1. We love God
2. We love others
3. We keep God's commands
4. We hate sin
5. We confess our sin
One of the most important times was when we gathered as a group in our "break-out" sessions. Here each member of youth staff shared their personal story of how their relationship with God began, and students had an opportunity to ask questions and even share their experiences.
Here are a couple talking points for you as a family to discuss further:
- Each family member can share how they began a relationship with God
- Discuss doubt and where you see a lack of faith in your life
- How sure are you (on a scale of 1-10) that you are a child of God?
- Talk about the relationship of our faith and our good works - how important is it that we show spiritual fruit in our lives?
- What is it that our salvation is based on?
I think this is an awesome currciulum for Sno Glo, and I'm am grateful that our young people were exposed to it in such a liberating setting.
ReplyDeleteThat real faith bares real fruit is something that is not frequently explored by adult Christians these days, not to mention youth. Way to go!!!!
I pray the participants were blessed by Sno Glo, and I pray God blesses the Ebenezer youth ministry.
Keith