I wanted you to know that over the last couple years I have been trying to figure out exactly how to handle community service when it comes to our youth activities. After thinking through this for a while, I have come up with a guideline, and I wanted to make it official so you didn't have to always guess what counts towards community service or not.
There really are only 2 basic things here:
- The Activity must be service-oriented (hence the community service) :)
- Missions Trips are not counted towards community service. I really believe there needs to be something that is done strictly for the kingdom of God and not for the requirements. Also, missions trips are not in our community but in other communities around the country and the world.
This leaves Missions Week as one of the optimum times to gain the community service needed for high school, and so that would be a good thing to encourage your students to participate in. Plus, it is required that you help with Missions Week (for an entire week) before you are eligible for a high school missions trip. This year Missions Week will be the same week as VBS just like last year.
Please contact me if you have any questions!
Thank you as always for your partnership in ministry!
No comments:
Post a Comment