As a member of the middle school staff, I wanted to write a quick entry (my first on here in quite some time) sharing how much I am looking forward to Sno Glo 2010!!! Sno Glo has become the one event that I always make a point on being a part of, partly because of the fact that it usually works best with my work schedule, but mainly because I have always enjoyed Sno Glo weekends, even from my own time in Ebenezer's Youth Group.
By my best count, this year will be my 10th Sno Glo event, dating all the way back to my sophomore year in high school, which was 1997. I haven't made it every year because of college, but I have cherished every year I've been able to go because of the many memories made with students and other staff.
For me, my experiences at Sno Glo have often been dictated by the teaching and worship. While I am not very familiar with this year's speaker, I applaud the Sno Glo organizers for bringing back Danny Oertli for a 3rd time to lead worship at Sno Glo. Danny is not only a talented musician and worship leader, but a fine example of how God is faithful and a God of healing. Danny has been through his share of pain, but God has blessed him with a wonderful family and ministry. I know we, as staff, will be blessed by what he has to offer these next few weekends, but the students will be very blessed by his music and testimony. One of my favorite things about Danny is that he is so down to earth and hangs out with the students and staff members - you won't find him secluded in his room or anything like that. I don't know his plans this year, but he has brought his family from Colorado to this event before and has played basketball with our students and staff in other years. Also, if you get the chance, send some spending money with your kids because his newest album is a live album and it is fantastic!
Thanks to all of you for letting us work with your kids! Please be praying for this weekend for God to move!
Blessings!
Todd
Hehe. I guess great minds think alike, Sir Toddley. I didn't even realize you had written an entry about SnoGlo until I posted mine.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great weekend! :]
And I add that Middle School Sno Glo was amazing! Josh Kappis did an excellent job with God's Word, and the worship was focused.
ReplyDeletePlus a great time hanging with the students!